Deciding whether your business should have a presence on Facebook is something that many companies are now considering.
Here in Lemonland, we highly recommend that you do some research and some strategic thinking before making your decision. The reality is that for many businesses and organisations, the time may not be right for you to be on Facebook – now, or possibly, ever!
We have put together the brief checklist below to give you an idea of what issues you need to be keeping in mind. If you get a score of more than 5 yes answers, then it is probably a good idea to consider establishing a Facebook presence. If you have less than 5, then this is possibly not the right time for you to make a commitment to social media.
Take the “test” and feel free to ask any questions about your result in the comments section below.
- Is your primary business model business to consumer? Yes/No
- Is your brand well known in your main markets? Yes/No
- Are people passionate about your brand or your products? Yes/No
- Do you have internal resources who can engage in social media? Yes/No
- Do you have a social media strategy or intend to develop one? Yes/No
- Do you encourage repeat business from your customer base? Yes/No
- Is your product or service suited to customer promotions, regular updates, offers, discounts, and/or competitions? Yes/No
- Does your customer base typically spend a lot of time online? Yes/No
- Are you prepared to handle negative comments and complaints online? Yes/No