Wow, where has 2014 gone? It’s flown by! We’ve had another busy and productive year at hairyLemon chocker full of fun, rewarding work, and learning new and exciting things.
With Christmas and the new year just around the corner we’d like to take the time to say a huge thank you for your business and support in 2014, and would like to share some of our highlights with you, which include:
- Achieving Third place in the Best Small Workplace in New Zealand category at the IBM Kenexa Best Workplaces Awards.
- Co-Founder Graham Dockrill winning a Prime Minister’s Business Scholarship to study at Harvard
- Providing a diverse range of services for clients beyond the digital realm including designing and coordinating trade show displays, environmental graphics, exterior and interior branding.
- Devouring roughly 187 cakes
- Marshall Ward announced as new Chief Operating Officer
- Finalists at the EEO Trust Diversity Awards
- Getting funky new Lemon movers (aka cars)
- CEO Sue Wilkinson visiting the Web Summit in Dublin, User Experience Specialist Manisha Joshi attending UX Week 2014 in San Francisco, Designer Melissa Fenwick went to the Adobe Max conference in Los Angeles, Karen Foreman Brown and Katherine Engel from the Digital Marketing team attending Content Marketing World Sydney and Johanna Read and Inger Hughson learning about the latest design trends at Semi Permanent in Auckland.
- Executive Assistant Katey Le Breton taking out first prize at the hairyLemon mid winter casino night.
- Sponsoring the Canterbury Rams, who returned to the NBL after a four year hiatus.
- Sponsoring a Giraffe called Riff Raff in the Christchurch Stands Tall public art project which will be auctioned for charity.
- A few lemons celebrating milestone birthdays… we won’t say how old they were but can confirm they weren’t 21sts.
- Becoming more flexible (working-hour wise, we’re still rubbish at Yoga). We introduced flexibility week which has evolved into flexible working hours, meaning staff can choose where and when they complete their working hours.
So, as you can see we’ve had an exciting year and can’t wait to see what 2015 brings, hopefully more cake…